Training School on “Simulation tools and models for the analysis of PV system performance”
July 6 @ 07:30 - July 9 @ 15:30
Important notice! This event has been postponed due to Covid-19. Instead of from 27th till 30th October 2020, this annual PEARL PV Training School will be held at the Transilvania University of Braşov in Braşov, Romania, from 6 to 9 July 2021. The event will be implemented in a hybrid format so to not disadvantage groups/individuals who cannot travel.
PEARL PV’s Training School on Simulation tools and models for the analysis of PV system performance
will take place at the Transilvania University of Braşov in Braşov, Romania, from 6 to 9 July 2021. Simulation tools and models can be used to investigate the design of PV systems, predict their output and assess their performance in operation. In 3.5 days of expert lectures, modelling exercises and excursions, trainees will gain an understanding of modelling approaches for PV system analysis, including system optimisation, performance prediction and fault and loss identification. The participants will learn about modelling principles and current software developments from PEARL PV Working Group members and external experts.
Training School trainees (students, researchers, educators and practitioners) will participate in expert lectures, interactive seminars and modelling exercises, including team action work and study tours. Interested in gaining and transferring knowledge on modelling photovoltaic systems to your institute and country? Learn from experts and the experiences of others engaged in best practice projects and share your own experiences!
Training School Schedule: Please see here for the detailed schedule of this Training School PEARL PV CA16235 Training School Brasov July 2021 provisional04062021
Venue: The training school will take place at the Transilvania University of Braşov. This information package will provide travel directions, information about the venue and recommended hotels, as well as other practicalities: information Romania, Brasov 2021.
In the venue, local covid-19 measures such as 1.5 meters distancing, wearing of face masks in indoor areas and good ventilation in meeting rooms will be adhered to, see also this seating plan: LOSUniversityofBrasovSeating, walking routes03062021 The current situation regarding covid-19 in Romania is reported in this document, Current rules in Romania regarding COVID-19_14062021, which will be regularly updated.
Important note on COVID-19: This event will be held in a hybrid format. Therefore in-person participation will be limited, so we encourage you to make your application as soon as possible (see details below). However, please do not make any firm travel plans until a further announcement is made confirming the workshop structure.
Participants: PhD candidates, post-doctoral researchers, R&D personnel. Please note that the Training School will be offered to 40 participants at a maximum. Preference will be given to participants from COST Member Inclusiveness Target Countries (see https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/members/ for information on ITCs).
Registration procedure of trainees:
Application opens: 1st April 2021
Application closes: 31st May 2021
Application: Each applicant should send an email to David Moser (the Training School Selection Chair) at email@example.com with the following documents:
- A cover letter briefly (max 1 page) introducing the applicant name and affiliation, previous PV projects, involvement in activities relevant to the PEARL-PV project, motivation and benefits for Training School participation, possibility to disseminate Training School topics through education or awareness sessions within their own institute or countries.
- The applicant’s CV (max 2 pages) including relevant publications.
AND to register in e-COST https://e-services.cost.eu. This registration comprises setting up his/her e-COST profile and adding his/her bank details.
Selection procedure of trainees: The Training School applications will be considered by a committee of PEARL PV Core Group members. The outcome of the evaluation will be notified by the Training School Manager. Thereafter the trainees will be officially invited to participate by a message sent by e-COST.
Announcement of the selected trainees and their reimbursement: Middle of June 2021
Official invitation by e-COST to participate in the Training School: Middle of June 2021
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Motivation of the applicant to participate to Training School, Weight 40 %
- Plan to disseminate Training School topics, Weight 40 %
- Quality of PV projects / experience, involvement in PEARL PV activities, Weight 20 %
Only applicants who have registered in e-COST, including their bank details and who have submitted their CV and cover letter will be permitted to take part in the selection procedure. Regarding eligibility of trainees to receive reimbursement, please carefully read the specific rules and regulations shown below.
Registration costs: Free of charge, the Training School Management will therefore apply a registration and selection procedure of trainees.
Reimbursement: 20 trainees of the total number will be eligible to receive reimbursement. Trainees can be reimbursed for their long-distance travel expenses in line with the eligibility rules specified in section 5 of the COST Vademecum (Section Meetings – Financial Support) and the travel reimbursement regulations. In addition, the reimbursement of the daily allowance rate for the country where the Training School takes place covers the incurred accommodation, meals, and local travel expenses.
Contact persons regarding the content of the Training School:
Training School Managers:
Aleksandra Krstic-Furundzic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedric Caruana at email@example.com
Chair of PV Simulation Working Group:
Nicola Pearsall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific rules and regulations regarding Training Schools of a COST Action:
1) Trainees are entitled to receive a fixed grant as described in the COST Vademecum
2) Trainee Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attending the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee. Different Grants amount can be attributed to each trainee.
3) Each trainee must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu – each trainee must add their bank details to their e-COST profile.
4) Trainees eligible to be reimbursed:
Trainees must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
Trainees eligible for reimbursement:
1) Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member, see here http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/cost_member_states
2) Trainees from Approved NNC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved European RTD Organisations.
Trainees not eligible to be reimbursed:
1) Trainees from COST Partner Members.
2) Trainees from Approved IPC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved IO, EU Commission, Bodies, Offices and Agencies.
4) Other Trainees not specifically mentioned as being eligible.