ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from participating ITCs to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organized by the COST Action. Rules for ITC Conference Grants in all COST Actions are defined in the COST Vademecum, Section 8, page 37. Mandatory conditions for receiving an ITC Conference Grant are:
- Only PhD students and ECI’s are eligible with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
- Applicants must contribute an oral/poster presentation to this conference that is within the scope of PEARL PV.
- Participation at the conference needs pre-approval by the PEARL PV Management Committee (or Action Vice-Chair).
An ITC Conference Grant does not necessarily cover all expenses related with the conference visit:
- Contribution to the conference fee is limited to a maximum of 500 EUR.
- Accommodation and meal expenses are limited to a maximum of 160 EUR per day.
- The PEARL PV budget is limited to a total of 2,000 EUR for each application.
The current PEARL PV budget gives room for approving three ITC Conference Grants within the Grant Period 3, i.e. ending April 30, 2020. Applications can only be submitted after e-COST registration at e-services.cost.eu/user/registration/register.
Applications should include:
- Name and affiliation of applicant
- Abstract submitted to the conference in question
- Confirmation of acceptance by the conference organizers
- Motivation letter (half page)
- Breakdown of budget request into conference fee, travel, accomodation and meal expenses
Selection of applications will consider the scientific scope of the application and how it can support the COST Action PEARL PV in achieving its scientific objectives.
Please submit applications for PEARL PV ITC Conference Grants to the STSM Manager Dr. Markus Schubert at Markus.Schubert@ipv.uni-stuttgart.de