This WG’s Chair is dr. Mohammadreza Aghaei (TU/e) and its Vice Chair is dr. Jeffrey Kettle (Bangor University).
Email for contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Definition of reliability and durability metrics for PV modules, components and systems
- Identification of relevant data to be collected to measure reliability and durability
- Development of a holistic approach of autonomous monitoring and analysis for reliability and durability of PV systems using the potential of big data bank and the methods of big data analytics (BDA).
- Sharing knowledge via workshops, seminars and joint publications originating from WG2 with a wider community of PV stakeholders and other experts working for insurers, investors and banks.
Task 2.1: Development of a common description of reliability and durability of PV modules and PV systems by meetings and communications with PV researchers and other experts leading to a shared document to be published on this COST Action’s website.
Task 2.2: Identification of required data and appropriate simulation models to be used in the framework of understanding reliability and durability given the challenges of (i) the often long elapsed duration before occurrence of both defects and degradation of PV modules in the field (ii) the climate dependency of these effects and (iii) relationships between the manufactured quality of PV module and observed reliability and durability in practice.
Task 2.3: Developing the approach of autonomous monitoring and identifying the main requirements namely (i) Multimodal monitoring platform (ii) infrastructure of Big Data Analytics (BDA) (iii) Internet of Things (IoT) platform, for fault diagnosis and prognosis, performance and service life prediction, intelligent decision-making and real-time study of reliability and durability in PV systems.
D5. Publications of findings originating from WG2 in high-impact journals, conference proceedings and a special issue of an international peer-reviewed journal.
D6. Reports of the WG2 activities (months 12, 24, 36, 48), including the organization of one workshop per year on reliability and durability of PV modules, components and systems.
D7. An open-source model for durability and reliability aspects of PV systems.
List of participants
- Jeff Kettle (Bangor University), UK
- Gernot Oreski (PCCL), Austria
- Istvan Farkas (Szent Istvan University), Hungary
- Laura Azpilicueta (Evasa), Spain
- Giorgio Belluardo (EURAC), Italy
- Guillaume Decleve (SUN7), Belgium
- Demba Diallo (GEEPS), France
- Dan Lamb (Swansea University), UK
- Sanja Lazarova-Molnar (University of Southern Denmark), Denmark
- Mihaela Girtan (University of Angers), France
- Ana Rosa Lagunas (CENER), Spain
- Ivan Marasovic (University of Split), Croatia
- Bettina Ottersböck (PCCL), Austria
- Krzysztof Pielichowski (Cracow University of Technology), Poland
- Marisa di Sabatino (Norwegian University of Science and Technology), Norway
- Oihana Zubillaga (Tecnalia), Spain
- Karl Berger (AIT), Austria
- Divine Atsu (Szent Istvan University), Hungary
- George Mousdis (National Hellenic Research Foundation), Greece
- George Georghiu (University of Cyprus), Cyprus
- Lamprini Papargyri (University of Cyprus), Cyprus
- Alessandro Virtuani (EPFL), Switzerland
- Hristina Spasevska (University of Skopje), Macedonia
- Markus Schubert (Universität Stuttgart), Germany
- Pascal Kölblin (Universität Stuttgart), Germany
- Samrana Kazi (Basque center for materials, applications & nanostructures), Spain
- Shahzada Ahmad (Basque center for materials, applications & nanostructures), Spain
- Andreas Wade (First Solar), Germany
- Nikolina Shutinoska (University “St. Cyril and Methodius” Skopje), Republic of Macedonia
- Caroline Tjengdrawira, (Tractebel Engineering), Belgium
Chair of Working Group 2
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands