This WG’s Chair is dr. Wilfried van Sark (UU) and its Vice Chair is dr. Christian Braun (FhG-ISE).
1. Development of generally accepted approaches and guidelines for the collection of data about the performance of PV modules and PV systems of data using advanced monitoring of systems by (i) data loggers (ii) smart meters as provided by utilities, (iii) internet scavenging techniques and (iv) measurements by satellites, as well as (v) visual inspections
2. Collection of available data on a server, managed by WG1.
3. Development of generally accepted approaches and guidelines for the use and/or analysis of data about irradiance and the performance of PV modules and systems.
4. Provision of access to data about the performance of PV modules and systems to the participants of the COST Action.
5. Sharing of knowledge originating from WG1 with a wider community of PV experts and other renewable energy experts by Internet, workshops, seminars and joint publications about the topic PV monitoring and the use and evaluation of data in the server of WG1.
Task 1.1 Leader: Anne Gerd Imenes
Development of generally accepted approaches and guidelines for the collection of data, about irradiance and the performance of PV modules and systems.
Task 1.2 Leader: Anton Driesse
Compilation of a data-bank on a server, using standardised formats for data decided upon at meetings with PV monitoring experts.
Task 1.3 Leader: (still open!)
Development of generally accepted approaches and guidelines for the analysis and/or interpretation of meteorological data and data about the performance of PV modules and systems via meetings with PV monitoring experts and scientific documentation of these approaches and guidelines showing their advantages and disadvantages, relevance, accuracy and complexity of application.
Task 1.4 Leader: (still open!)
Development of (i) an access strategy to data stored on a server and (ii) a policy for use of these data in the framework of costs, publishing and IP for COST Action participants and external parties.
D1. Publications of findings originating from WG1 in high-impact scientific journals, conference proceedings and via the COST Action’s website
D2. Reports of the WG 1 activities (month 12, 24, 36, 48), including the organisation of one workshop per year and one seminar per year on PV monitoring.
D3. A data bank to be realized on one of the MC members’ server.
List of WG members (status September 2018)
Anne Gerd Imenes (Task leader)
Tareq Abu Hamed
Anton Driesse (Task leader)
Dijana Capeska Bogatinoska
Task leader position open
Henrik te Heesen
Task leader position open
to be added later