- This event has passed.
COST Training School
October 23, 2018 @ 11:00 - October 26, 2018 @ 11:00
MONITORING AND SIMULATION OF THE PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY OF PHOTOVOLTAICS IN THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Short description: The first PEARL-PV Training School on the topic
“Monitoring and Simulation of the Performance and Reliability of Photovoltaics in the Built Environment”
will take place at University of Cyprus in Nicosia in Cyprus, between 23th and 26th October 2018. It will focus on the special requirements and challenges of integrating PV in built environment and grids with focus on the determination and prediction of performance and reliability. In a 3,5 days training school comprising of input lectures, practical courses and on-site excursions, trainees will gain a deep understanding of planning and building of integrated photovoltaics and learn about key topics from PEARL PV Working Groups such as performance monitoring, reliability and simulation issues.
Training School trainees (students, researchers, educators and practitioners) will participate in multiple introductive expert lectures, interactive seminars, practical courses including team action work, study tours, and much more. Interested in gaining and transfering knowledge on the challenges and possibilities of photovoltaics integrated in the built environment to your institute and country? Learn from experts and others experiences from best practice projects and share your own experiences!
Preliminary schedule: The preliminary detailed schedule of this Training School can be downloaded here PEARL PV CA16235 Training School Schedule of Events FINAL23092018 This agenda might be subjected to minor changes.
University of Cyprus
1, University Avenue, Aglantzia
See here for a weblink to travel and accommodation information: PEARL-PV_Fall_Event_Logistics
Participants: PhD candidates, Postdocs , R&D people. Please notice that the Training School will be offered to 50 participants at a maximum.
NOTE: This Training School involves a separate registration and selection procedure. Also you are only eligible to participate or to receive reimbursement if you have received (and accepted) the official invitation through e-COST to be expected in September.
Registration costs: Free of charge, the Training School Management will therefore apply a registration and selection procedure of trainees.
Other costs: Travel, accommodation and insurances and other costs not being registration costs have to be paid by the trainee him/herself.
Reimbursement: 20 trainees of the total number will be eligible to receive reimbursement which will be 500 Euro per trainee. Note that trainees are only eligible for reimbursement if they have received (and accepted) the official invitation through e-COST (to be expected in September).
Contact persons regarding the content of the Training School:
Training School Manager Gabriele Eder at Gabriele.Eder@ofi.at
Training School Manager Aleksandra Krstic-Furundzic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration procedure of trainees:
Applications opens: 15th June 2018
Applications close: 31st July 2018
Each applicant has to register in e-COST https://e-services.cost.eu adding his/her bank details to his/her e-COST profile and send an email to David Moser (the Training School Selection Chair) at email@example.com with the following documents:
- A cover letter briefly (max 1 page) introducing the applicant, previous PV projects, involvement in PEARL-PV activities, motivation and benefits for Training School participation, possibility to disseminate Training School topics through education or awareness sessions within their own institute or countries.
- The applicant’s CV (max 2 pages) including relevant publications.
Selection procedure of trainees:
Announcement of the selected trainees and their reimbursement: 1st September 2018
Official invitation by e-COST to participate in the Training School: 15th of September 2018
The Training School applications will be considered by a committee of PEARL PV Core Group members of which David Moser will be the Training School Selection Chair. The outcome of the evaluation will be notified by the Training School Managers. Thereafter the trainees will be officially invited to participate by a message sent by e-COST.
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of PV projects and experience, involvement in PEARL PV activities, Weight 20 %
- Motivation of the applicant to participate to Training School, Weight 40 %
- Plan to disseminate Training School topics, Weight 40 %
Only applicants who have registered in e-COST, including their bank details and who have submitted their CV and cover letter will be permitted to take part in the selection procedure.
Regarding eligibility of trainees to receive reimbursement, please carefully read the specific rules and regulations shown below.
Specific rules and regulations regarding Training Schools of a COST Action:
1) Trainees are entitled to receive a fixed grant as described in the COST Vademecum
2) Trainee Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attending the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee. Different Grants amount can be attributed to each trainee.
3) Each trainee must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu – each trainee must add their bank details to their e-COST profile.
4) Trainees eligible to be reimbursed:
Trainees must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
Trainees eligible for reimbursement:
1) Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member, see here http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/cost_member_states
2) Trainees from Approved NNC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved European RTD Organisations.
Trainees not eligible to be reimbursed:
1) Trainees from COST Partner Members.
2) Trainees from Approved IPC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved IO, EU Commission, Bodies, Offices and Agencies.
4) Other Trainees not specifically mentioned as being eligible.