October 15 @ 08:00 - October 18 @ 13:30
October 15, 2019 @ 13:00 – October 18, 2019 @ 13:30
The PEARL-PV Training School on the topic
Evaluation of the performance degradation of PV-systems – influence factors, failure modes and their detectability and effect on economic viability
will take place at the Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology MCAST in Paola, Malta, between 15th and 18th October 2019. It will focus on reliability topics of PV systems with special attention on degradation effects of PV materials, components and systems. Various failure modes and their detectability will be illustrated. Furthermore their impact on the electrical performance and economic viability of PV systens will be calculated. In 3.5 days of expert lectures, on-site practical courses and excursions, trainees will gain a deeper understanding for the causes of potential ageing induced electrical performance losses and how to determine and measure various failure modes. The attendants will learn about key topics of reliability for state-of-the-art crystalline Si-technologies as well as for thin film and emerging technologies from PEARL PV Working Group members and external experts.
Training School trainees (students, researchers, educators and practitioners) will participate in multiple introductive expert lectures, interactive seminars, practical courses including team action work, study tours, and much more. Interested in gaining and transfering knowledge on reliability of the various photovoltaic technologies to your institute and country? Learn from experts and others experiences from best practice projects and share your own experiences!
Preliminary schedule: The preliminary detailed schedule of this Training School can be downloaded here: Proposed schedule TS II_Malta This agenda might be subjected to minor changes.
MCAST, Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology
Main Campus Triq Il-Perit Dom Mintoff
Paola Malta PLA 9032
See here for a weblink to travel and accommodation information: TrainingSchool_Host_Info_Malta
Participants: PhD candidates, Postdocs , R&D people. Please note that the Training School will be offered to 60 participants at a maximum.
Registration: Registration procedure of trainees:
Application opens: 1st june 2019
Application close: 15th july 2019
Application: Each applicant has to send an email to David Moser (the Training School Selection Chair) at email@example.com with the following documents:
- A cover letter briefly (max 1 page) introducing the applicant, previous PV projects, involvement in PEARL-PV activities, motivation and benefits for Training School participation, possibility to disseminate Training School topics through education or awareness sessions within their own institute or countries.
- The applicant’s CV (max 2 pages) including relevant publications.
AND to register in e-COST https://e-services.cost.eu. This registration comprises setting up his/her e-COST profile and adding his/her bank details.
Selection procedure of trainees: The Training School applications will be considered by a committee of PEARL PV Core Group members of which David Moser will be the Training School Selection Chair. The outcome of the evaluation will be notified by the Training School Managers. Thereafter the trainees will be officially invited to participate by a message sent by e-COST.
Announcement of the selected trainees and their reimbursement: 1st August 2019 ; Official invitation by e-COST to participate in the Training School: first week of August 2019
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Motivation of the applicant to participate to Training School, Weight 40 %
- Plan to disseminate Training School topics, Weight 40 %
- Quality of PV projects / experience, involvement in PEARL PV activities, Weight 20 %
Only applicants who have registered in e-COST, including their bank details and who have submitted their CV and cover letter will be permitted to take part in the selection procedure. Regarding eligibility of trainees to receive reimbursement, please carefully read the specific rules and regulations shown below.
Registration costs: Free of charge, the Training School Management will therefore apply a registration and selection procedure of trainees.
Other costs: Travel, accommodation and insurances and other costs not being registration costs have to be paid by the trainee him/herself.
Reimbursement: 30 trainees of the total number will be eligible to receive reimbursement which will be 300 Euro per trainee. Note that trainees are only eligible for reimbursement if they have received (and accepted) the official invitation through e-COST (to be expected in August).
Contact persons regarding the content of the Training School:
Training School Manager Gabriele Eder at Gabriele.Eder@ofi.at
Training School Manager Aleksandra Krstic-Furundzic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific rules and regulations regarding Training Schools of a COST Action:
1) Trainees are entitled to receive a fixed grant as described in the COST Vademecum
2) Trainee Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attending the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee. Different Grants amount can be attributed to each trainee.
3) Each trainee must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu – each trainee must add their bank details to their e-COST profile.
4) Trainees eligible to be reimbursed:
Trainees must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
Trainees eligible for reimbursement:
1) Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member, see here http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/cost_member_states
2) Trainees from Approved NNC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved European RTD Organisations.
Trainees not eligible to be reimbursed:
1) Trainees from COST Partner Members.
2) Trainees from Approved IPC Institutions.
3) Trainees from Approved IO, EU Commission, Bodies, Offices and Agencies.
4) Other Trainees not specifically mentioned as being eligible.